Complete the preliminary application form here. An access code to register will be emailed to you once your application is approved by our team!
Become a Camp Kesher Counselor!
Camp Kesher is not only a great time for campers, but it’s also a blast for counselors, too! Join our team this summer and play a pivotal role in creating a fun and exciting experience for our campers while providing a Messianic-friendly environment that encourages a deep, meaningful relationship with our Messiah. So, when are you signing up?
As a camp counselor, here are your responsibilities:
- Always watch over the campers (there will be shift breaks).
- Occasionally teach devotions developed by the camp leadership.
- Receive training from the camp leaders in leadership, Bible teaching, and other situations.
- Coordinate and participate in all activities.
- Model examples of Godly behavior.
- Be involved in creatively communicating the lessons of the camp theme. This could range from participating in and creating skits to singing camp songs and the like.
- Counselors will be background-checked if they are above the age of 17.
While we would love to offer for counselors and CITs (counselors in training, ages 17-18) to be able to come for free, it would simply drive up the cost for campers. Also, by charging a little bit, we better ensure that we receive applicants who genuinely desire to serve.
You may also raise support to serve as a counselor or CIT. Contact [email protected] for more details.
How to Apply
- For all (new and returning) staff members, we require that (1) reference from your congregational leader and (1) other references be submitted to us, for a total of (2) references. A Camp Kesher Reference Form will be emailed to you after submitting the Online Staff Application Form below.
- If this is your first time serving as a counselor, a personal interview with the Camp Directors is required. We will contact you to arrange this.
- To help offset the cost of camp, we are encouraging all staff members to raise funds by reaching out to congregations/leaders/friends and family. Please note that the cost of camp for counselors is $419
- The process of raising funds will go through Chosen People Ministries and, as a staff member, you will be provided with resources and information that will help with the raising and accepting of funds.
- Fund Raising Resources: click here to download.
- Any funds given to Chosen People Ministries, in support of your work as a Camp Kesher staff member, is tax deductible because Chosen People Ministries is a 501(c)(3) organization.